At Bloemcare you will be empowered with the necessary life skills and coping mechanisms to be able to deal with daily challenges – whether a stressful work or home environment, a disorder, or dependency that you have to manage. The dedicated, friendly staff at this up-market psychiatric facility provide quality professional psychiatric nursing care in a protected environment.
Bloemcare offers psychiatric care and a two week group therapy program that promotes and strengthen interpersonal relationships and encourages healthy emotional growth.
Bloemcare’s unique pals@bloemcare program (Positive Adolescent Life Skills) offers psychiatric care in a protected environment to secondary school learners (12 to 18 years).
COVID – 19 Testing Prior to Admission:
1. All patients must be tested 48 to 72 hours prior to their admission date.
2. A request form for testing is not required, inform the lab that you require a test for admission to Bloemcare.
3. If you are testing at a smaller lab in a small town please ensure that the results will be available before your admission.
4. It is your responsibility to self-isolate once you have been tested until you are admitted.
5. Patients who are transferred from any other hospital must still provide Bloemcare with a negative COVID-19 test result upon admission, not older than 72 hours.
1. No visitors are allowed for the duration of your stay at Bloemcare.
2. If family/friends need to deliver a package it must be marked and dropped off at the main gate.
3. The security officer will sanitize the packages before bringing it into the hospital.
4. No patients may go to the gate to receive packages.
Upon admission you will be requested to acknowledge and sign a document stipulating that you agree to the following rules/protocols while at Bloemcare.
1. All patients must wear a mask in public areas at all times. Your mask may be removed at your bed and while in the bathroom. You may only remove your mask in the dining room once you are seated at the table. Masks are available at the coffee shop, the Pharmacy or the Reception area.
2. Keep a distance of 2 meters from other patients at all times.
3. Movement in the hospital must me limited as far as possible.
4. Mingling with patients from other wards is prohibited.
1. Patients’ temperatures are monitored twice daily.
2. Any flu-like symptoms must be reported to the nursing staff immediately.
3. There are only two access points in and out of the hospital.
4. Sanitizer dispensers are strategically placed throughout the hospital, please ensure that you sanitize and/or wash your hands regularly.
5. Patients are only admitted to the adolescent ward every two weeks, for the two week program.
6. No out of hospital consultations may be scheduled during your stay at Bloemcare, these consultations should be scheduled for your day of discharge.
Bloecare has partnered with all major medial aid schemes and facilitate interactions between yourself and your medical aid.
For questions or queries regarding your benefits please contact your medical aid directly.